Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default Word does not overwritght highlighted texts

Tools | Options and the Edit tab. In the top left box check Typing replaces
selection.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Trollreign" wrote:

This problem first occured several weeks ago. If I highlight a text in
Microsoft Word 2003, and then start typing, the program does not overwright
the highlighted sections, but start to type before the highlighted text.

This is a problem for me, because a lot of times I need to modify existing
documents, and this slows down my work very much.

I hope somebody can help me.