Nick

Default Default Font - Unable to change

Hi, hope you can help me with this. I have just finished doing a fresh
install of Microsoft Office 2003.

In Word, when I change the default font to, say, Ariel, the next time I open
Word, it reverts back to Times font.

I've changed the default font in Word many times in the past without any
problem but it seems nothing I try now will get Word to 'stick' with any
other default font but Times

Nick in Oz

Nick

never mind, I found the problem, I think. There was no 'Normal.dot in the
Templates folder. I simply made to my preferences then saved it. Next time I
opened Word it was set up with my choice of fonts etc.

Thanks anyway
"Nick" wrote in message
Hi, hope you can help me with this. I have just finished doing a fresh
install of Microsoft Office 2003.

In Word, when I change the default font to, say, Ariel, the next time I
open Word, it reverts back to Times font.

I've changed the default font in Word many times in the past without any
problem but it seems nothing I try now will get Word to 'stick' with any
other default font but Times

Nick in Oz

Mary

Normal.dot is a hidden file. If you delete it, it will automatically be
recreated when you reopen Word. Look up Default Font in help for instructions
on how to change the default font. You'll get a notice that you are changing
the font for all documents based on the Normal.dot. Say yes. Quick
instructions:In Word go to Format, Font, select what you want, click Default
button.

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi, hope you can help me with this. I have just finished doing a fresh
install of Microsoft Office 2003.

In Word, when I change the default font to, say, Ariel, the next time I
open Word, it reverts back to Times font.

I've changed the default font in Word many times in the past without any
problem but it seems nothing I try now will get Word to 'stick' with any
other default font but Times

Nick in Oz

Nick

I know the usual way to set the default font - I've done that before.
However, for some reason, next time I start Word it reverts back to Times.

Anyway, I made my own normal.dot, and all is well, all macros work, toolbars
etc

Nick

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi, hope you can help me with this. I have just finished doing a fresh
install of Microsoft Office 2003.

In Word, when I change the default font to, say, Ariel, the next time I
open Word, it reverts back to Times font.

I've changed the default font in Word many times in the past without
any
problem but it seems nothing I try now will get Word to 'stick' with
any
other default font but Times

Nick in Oz

If Word is not saving changes and you have Acrobat 7 installed, see the last
section of http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm. And be
aware that YOU can't make a Normal.dot; only Word can do that. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm for
more.