Thomas Campitelli

Default is this possible? - title as a cross reference

Howdy Folks,

I would like to write the title of my document on the first page of my
MS Word file. I would then like that title to automatically appear in my
header and where ever else I deem fit, much like a cross reference. Is
this possible? Would it require a macro? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Tom Campitelli

Jezebel

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The StyleRef field will do just what you want. Alternatively, you can type
the title into the Title property of the document and use a { TITLE }

field
in the header.

Word 2000 has a bug in the TITLE field handling. If the first word has four
or more characters and ends with a colon, the field discards the text after
the colon. This applies to Subject and Author fields also. The easy
workaround is to use { DocProperty Title } instead.

Thomas Campitelli

Dear Suzanne and Jezebel,

I sincerely thank you both. I will give this a try tomorrow. Take care
and have an excellent evening.

Tom Campitelli