Mail merge one data set to multiple letters

Old January 23rd 08, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matt

Default Mail merge one data set to multiple letters

How do you mail merge one data set to multiple letters in word 2003?

I have been told of using a primary letter, but could not figure it out.

I have one data set whose filename defines which letter they need to use,
but I can not get them to populate into the seperate letters. For example,
in a school setting there are three letters one for 5 abs, one for 8abs, and
one for 12 abs. The data is all one file, but the filenames specify 5, 8, or
12. What do I do?
Old January 30th 08, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I have been told of using a primary letter, but could not figure it out.

In Word it is usually better to think of mail merge as something that is
centred on a mail merge main document. i.e. create the mail merge main
documents you need, then connect them to data sources that select the
necessary records for those documents. In this case I'm not sure that you
really need to do anything more than that, but I may well have
misunderstood.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk