Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grumpy1 grumpy1 is offline

Default where can I locate the degree symbol so I can insert it?

Until recently I was using Office 2000, and had no problem locating and
inserting the degree symbol into my math notes. Now I am using Office 2007,
and the degree symbol is gone. I have tried the "help", which did not. It
gave an "Auto Correct" item ("/degree") however that did not work (and I did
not change any presets of Office 07 - so I'd thing the "Auto Correct" would
be on already). I tried to search for the degree symbol in the "Insert
Symbol/More Symbols" section, but other than clicking on each and every
symbol to find out its name I cannot locate it. Maybe a good addition to the
symbol section would ber a "search" section- that would locate the symbol you
want if you type in its name (or something close to its spelling).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Its position in the Insert Symbol panel hasn't changed. It's still at
Unicode 00b0, so you can either click on it there, or type that code
followed by Alt-X, or type Alt and that code on the numeric keypad.

When you find it in Insert Symbol, you can assign a keyboard shortcut
to it.