hstijnen

Default Can SpaceAfter and SpaceBefore overlap?

Hi,

I'm heavily doing with applying styles. Now I have a paragraph with some
SpaceAfter which is followed by a paragraph with some SpaceBefore. Is it
always the case that the space between the two paragraphs equals the sum of
the SpaceAfter and the SpaceBefore, or is there an option so that the space
between equals the maximum of SpaceAfter and SpaceBefore (the two spaces are
"overlapping")?

Thanks for help,
Henk

In Word 2000 and above, there is a compatibility option (Tools | Options |
Compatibility) that should be unchecked by default: "Don't use HTML
paragraph auto spacing." When this box is clear, you should get the effect
you're looking for; Word uses the larger of the two amounts rather than the
sum of them.

"hstijnen" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I'm heavily doing with applying styles. Now I have a paragraph with some
SpaceAfter which is followed by a paragraph with some SpaceBefore. Is it
always the case that the space between the two paragraphs equals the sum

of
the SpaceAfter and the SpaceBefore, or is there an option so that the

space
between equals the maximum of SpaceAfter and SpaceBefore (the two spaces

are
"overlapping")?

Thanks for help,
Henk

CyberTaz

HiYa-

As I understand it, Space Before & After are cumulative. If it adds up to
more than what you want, the respective Style(s) should be modified
accordingly. You might also consider creating duplicate Styles that differ
only on that attribute so you can use the appropriate variation where
necessary.

HTH |:)