Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Default Missing text with pdf Conversion

When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole chunks of text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff or graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is missing, a
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same place, some part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Will said missing text print on a regular printer?

BTW - You might be able to start a new fashion trend if you pull enough
chunks out but I don't think I'll be adopting that style any time soon. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole chunks of
text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff or
graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is missing, a
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same place, some
part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Hi JoAnn,

Thx a mint for replying to this post.

Yes, the text shows in print preview, and prints on a standard laser printer
(HP Laserjet 4050).

just call me patch-head
karen

"klam" wrote in message
When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole chunks of
text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff or
graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is missing, a
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same place, some
part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Dear Patch-head,

Any chance you missing text all uses the same font that happens to be
something different than the rest of the document?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Will said missing text print on a regular printer?

BTW - You might be able to start a new fashion trend if you pull enough
chunks out but I don't think I'll be adopting that style any time soon.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole chunks
of
text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff or
graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is missing,
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same place,
some
part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

haha...

Nope, most of the text in that column is "Normal" style including chunks
that are missing and text portions that show up properly in the pdf. Any
ideas?

cheers,
patch-ier

"klam" wrote in message
When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole chunks
of
text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff or
graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is missing,
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same place,
some
part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Patch-ier -

Can you send me the file or is it proprietary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Hi JoAnn,

I sent it to you - thx! If you don't get it can you pls re-post a reply. I
sent it to the e-mail above with "no spam" removed.

cheers,
patchier karen

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Nothing has shown up. Try using this address: jl dot paules at gmail dot com

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

okie dokie, I re-sent it to that address. Pls re-post if nothing shows up.

thx!
karen, the patch head

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I got the file. When I converted it with Acrobat, all of the text showed up.
Which program are you using to create .pdf files?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Weird. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 5.0. I make pdfs quite often through my
work, but maybe there's some setting I need to change? Are you using a newer
version?

thx,
karen

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm using Acrobat Pro v7. Try posting the question in the Adobe Acrobat
newsgroup. They have a pretty active group over there so I'm sure someone
can pinpoint the issue. For now, you have the one I sent you, don't you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Yes, thx very much for sending back the file (I formatted it for my DH) -
very much appreciated.

I will check out the Adobe Acrobat newsgroup and see if they have any
insights.

I can feel my hair re-growing already ;0

karen

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yea! Men can be quite sexy when they start to lose their hair. It's
generally not the same for women. ;-)

(BTW - since it's a resume, I'll wish your husband better luck than I've had
job hunting.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Coming from you - with such a high degree of technical knowledge - that's a
true shocker! Best of luck to you.

cheers,
klam

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Technical knowledge isn't always a good thing. I swear I'd have more luck if
I dumbed down my resume.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

May be try it and see! Never met an employer who wasn't happy I knew more
after I was hired than they thought (of course as long as it doesn't compete
with your boss's area of "expertise"...LOL)

My DH's current position has a fancy title but his pay is directly tied to
the "sales stream" (a separate dept) which has been "$0" :'''O