José Spanjaard

Default How to delete used ListNum field list names?

Hi,
I have been creating several named outline numbered lists. Learned a lot;
many thanks to Shauna Kelly's "How to control bullets in Microsoft Word".

Now I'm trying to get rid of these list names, but I don't know how. I have
already resetted all outlined numbered lists. Who can help me? (I work with
Word XP.)

José Spanjaard
Margaret Aldis

If you've been experimenting on a number of list formats, you'd do well to
start afresh in a new document - you can't get rid of List Templates and
occasionally that can cause problems - see my answer to your other post.

If you have given a List Template a LISTNUM name, you can remove that from
the format (if you can find it) in the Customize dialog.

If you have used a List Style, then you can delete the style from the Styles
and Formatting pane.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP