Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word in Microsoft Works suite ?

There is no version of Word in any product called just "Works"; what you get
with that is the Works word processor. Works Suite (of which there appears
to be no current version) contains Word 2002, and it is a full and complete
version of Word 2002, which is two versions old but still useful.

I would still recommend the suite if you can find it, since you get a lot of
other useful apps with it. OTOH, the Home and Student Edition of Office 2007
may cost about the same (under $100) and would include other Office apps,
which might or might not be more useful, and your wife *might* find Word
2007 more user-friendly than Word 2002.

"spot" wrote in message

"mscertified" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the Word in MS Works 7, 8 or Suite 2004 or 2005 is
the
same as standalone MS Word. I read some reviews which said you can only
save
in RTF format, cannot import .DOC documents and cannot share documents
with
regular Word users. I'm trying to find an affordable way to get Word for
my
wife who is entering the computer age after using a typewriter for 30
years.
We can't afford to buy Microsoft Office.