First Time Making a Form

Default Active X Option buttons do not work

This is the first form I have created. I have 3 option buttons to choose
from; however, only one will allow the user to choose it. I can not find out
what I am doing wrong.
Went to properties and the only difference is the one that allows the user
to choose it says the value is True, while the other 2 are False. When I
change them to True, they change back to False.
Graham Mayor

What kind of form? In the meantime,
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/add_check_boxes.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm will probably be of more help than
Active X boxes.

First Time Making a Form wrote:
This is the first form I have created. I have 3 option buttons to
choose from; however, only one will allow the user to choose it. I
can not find out what I am doing wrong.
Went to properties and the only difference is the one that allows the
user to choose it says the value is True, while the other 2 are
False. When I change them to True, they change back to False.

First Time Making a Form

Hi Graham Mayor:

Thank you for the information. I can use it later.

I want to change the OptionButtons to check boxes; however, this form is not
for me; they want option buttons.

It is a basic template for managers to send in monthly reports.

The option buttons are "Poor, Good, Excellent" but I can not figure out how
to make it so they can choose one of the buttons. Whichever one has the dot
placed in it, has a true value. I thought the true value would change to
false if one of the other options buttons were chosen; however, my form does
not allow this to happen, so I know I have something wrong.

Microsoft help doesn't seem to address this issue.

Donna

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What kind of form? In the meantime,
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/add_check_boxes.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm will probably be of more help than
Active X boxes.

First Time Making a Form wrote:
This is the first form I have created. I have 3 option buttons to
choose from; however, only one will allow the user to choose it. I
can not find out what I am doing wrong.
Went to properties and the only difference is the one that allows the
user to choose it says the value is True, while the other 2 are
False. When I change them to True, they change back to False.

First Time Making a Form

Hi again Mr. Mayor:

I think it is the Accelerator key and the Visual Basic stuff. I played
around with it and it appears to be working; however, I do not understand
what I did.

I copied and pasted some command button stuff from the Click Event at:
mk:@MSITStoC?\Program%Files\Common%20Files\Micr osoft%20Shared\VBA\VBA6\1033\fm2...
It is a Visual Basic "language" about 'Check caption, then change
it./CommandButton1.Caption = "Clicked"/CommandButton1.Accelerator = "C"/'Set
Accelerator key to COMMAND + C...
I then went into the properties and changed the Accelerator value to "C".

Whatever, it is working now.

Donna