Hernan

Default How do I format a social security filed?

I have a field that I liked to have to output a social security number with
its dashes, and also 2 other fields in which the first holds today's date and
the other should be a week later from today's date. How can I accomplish that?

Thanks in advance.

Hernan
Graham Mayor

If you let us know the format of social security numbers in your country
(contributors here are from all over the world) then we could advise, but
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm should give you a few
clues.

Date calculations are tricker - see
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

Hernan wrote:
I have a field that I liked to have to output a social security
number with its dashes, and also 2 other fields in which the first
holds today's date and the other should be a week later from today's
date. How can I accomplish that?

Thanks in advance.

Hernan

Doug Robbins

Running a macro containing the following code will insert a date 30 days in
the future at the location of the cursor.

Selection.InsertBefore DateAdd("d", 7, Date)

You can use the formatting function to get the format that you want. e.g.

Selection.InsertBefore Format(DateAdd("d", 7, Date), "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy")

will insert

Saturday, June 4, 2005

--
Hope this helps.