TNHILLBILLY

Default Formatting Marks

Is there a way to identify the meaning of the formatting marks in Word
Premium 2000? Some formatting marks cannot be removed/deleted, and I don't
know what they mean or how they got there! Please advise!
Pat Garard

G'Day Hillbilly!

On the Word Toolbar, you will see a button with "¶" on it.
Use this button to turn the marks on/off.

A " ¶ " is a Paragraph marker - you insert one each time you press "Enter".

A " -- " (Right arrow) is a tab.

A " -' " (Left arrow with a "hook") is a paragraph break.

A dot is a space etc etc.

See also
ToolsOptionsView (tab)
"Formatting Marks" section.

Have a Great Christmas!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"TNHILLBILLY" wrote in message
Is there a way to identify the meaning of the formatting marks in Word
Premium 2000? Some formatting marks cannot be removed/deleted, and I
don't
know what they mean or how they got there! Please advise!

Shauna Kelly

Hi

For a full list of the formatting marks, see

What do all those funny marks, like the dots between the words in my
document, and the square bullets in the left margin, mean?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word