Daffodil

Default Spell check in Outlook Express

I have new lap top with Windows XP home edition installed, I have installed
Microsoft Works which I used on a previous comp. without any problems but I
can't get spell check to work in Outlook express on new Windows XP. Spell
check icon apppears on /in tool bar, but will not open. F7 button won't open
it either, any ideas?
Chuck Davis

"Daffodil" wrote in message
news
I have new lap top with Windows XP home edition installed, I have installed
Microsoft Works which I used on a previous comp. without any problems but
can't get spell check to work in Outlook express on new Windows XP. Spell
check icon apppears on /in tool bar, but will not open. F7 button won't
open
it either, any ideas?

You can't, unless you have Microsoft Works Suite.
Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
command is not available.

Graham Mayor

That's the theory, but even with Office installed I have never been able to
get the spell checker to work in OE - which you may have noticed from some
of my posts - It claims to have worked, but never finds any mistakes.

Chuck Davis wrote:
news