Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default How do I create a fill-able form with word 2007 for Word 2003

I have created a form using Word 2007 and want others to be able to use it
even if they have Word 2003. If I convert the file (compatibility) the forms
are lost???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

All the earlier form tools are available in 2007 - try the legacy controls.

Geoff wrote:
I have created a form using Word 2007 and want others to be able to
use it even if they have Word 2003. If I convert the file
(compatibility) the forms are lost???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In order to access the Legacy Controls, you must first display the Developer
tab. To do this, click the Office Button, then Word Options. Click Popular,
then check the box for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon."

Geoff wrote:
I have created a form using Word 2007 and want others to be able to
use it even if they have Word 2003. If I convert the file
(compatibility) the forms are lost???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff Geoff is offline

Thanks to you all for the info. It was late at night and I wasn't thinking
too straight. All fixed now.
Cheers
Geoff

Geoff wrote:
I have created a form using Word 2007 and want others to be able to
use it even if they have Word 2003. If I convert the file
(compatibility) the forms are lost???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] aliriooliveira@gmail.com is offline

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Geoff wrote:
I have created aformusing Word 2007 and want others to be able to
use it even if they have Word 2003. If I convert the file
(compatibility) the forms are lost???

I've the same problem of Geoff. I have already tried the legacy
controls but it wont solve my main problem. I want to use radio
buttons to allow users to choose one answer (a radio group). The
legacy controls don't allow me to use radio buttons only check boxes.

So, do know any way to, using check boxes, using word2007 create a
form to Word2003 that allow users to choose only one answer for each
question?

I hope I've exposed correctly my problem.

Aoliveira

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Aoliveira,

As Suzannes link shows you can use a series of checkbox forms controls to act as radio buttons. In Word 2007 when you click on the
'Legacy Tools' choice in the ribbon under
Developer=Controls
there are two categories, each category matches what was on two default toolbars in previous Word versions

'Legacy Forms' are the controls from the Forms Toolbar
'Active X' are the controls from the Web Forms Toolbar

The 'radio button' choice is part of the ActiveX group, which, if you're in a corporate enviornment, may have been disabled if
you're not seeing that 2nd section. If you are seeing them they can work in non-web documents in Word as well once you Protect the
document for forms. You can wrap the choices in a 'Group' control to be able to relocate a set of them to another spot in your
document.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On 28 Jan, 16:42, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You can seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm

Geoff wrote:
I have created aformusing Word 2007 and want others to be able to
use it even if they have Word 2003. If I convert the file
(compatibility) the forms are lost???

I've the same problem of Geoff. I have already tried the legacy
controls but it wont solve my main problem. I want to use radio
buttons to allow users to choose one answer (a radio group). The
legacy controls don't allow me to use radio buttons only check boxes.

So, do know any way to, using check boxes, using word2007 create a
formto Word2003 that allow users to choose only one answer for each
question?

I hope I've exposed correctly my problem.

Aoliveira

Suzanne I think you've just saved my day...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] aliriooliveira@gmail.com is offline

On 28 Jan, 17:32, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
[...]

Hi Bob!
Thanks for tip

I've tried the solutions that have been indicated. Testing in my
machine the results were very good. But I've tested in a co-worker
machine with Word2003 and I was able to select all the check boxes

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I'm doing it but it still doesn't work... I've followed the
tutorial that you gently announced here and in my machine everything
works just fine. In other machines the problem remains.

Thanks for your time and help