Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GH GH is offline

Default Print PowerPoint to Word (2007) in 2-slides-per-page Format

I need to print PowerPoint 2007 slides to Word 2007 in 2-slides-per-page
handout format. Most of the other formats are available for this function,
but not this one. The only way I have found to do it within Office is
printing to OneNote from PowerPoint, then importing into Word.

Is there a way to print directly into Word? Why are the other formats
available, but not this one? Are there plans to add this one?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Your question would be more appropriately submitted to the PPT group, but
why do you need to go through Word to print the handouts? PPT can output
Handouts 2 Slides per Page directly to your printer.

If you must generate a Word document the only options available are those
found when you click the Office Button & go to Publish Create Handouts in
Microsoft Office Word. I can't say for sure but I would doubt that any other
alternatives are being considered. However, the slides are output into the
Word doc as a Table which you can then alter as necessary, so by increasing
the row height you could effectively "force" 2 slides/rows per page.

If this isn't an adequate suggestion re-post your question in the PPT
newsgroup where you're more likely to get some other ideas.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/19/08 3:28 PM, in article
, "gh"
wrote:

I need to print PowerPoint 2007 slides to Word 2007 in 2-slides-per-page
handout format. Most of the other formats are available for this function,
but not this one. The only way I have found to do it within Office is
printing to OneNote from PowerPoint, then importing into Word.

Is there a way to print directly into Word? Why are the other formats
available, but not this one? Are there plans to add this one?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GH GH is offline

Hi CyberTaz,
They comprise a note-taking guide, which is part of a study guide I create
for my students. The study guide contains the note guides, lab handouts,
syllabus, etc. all in a single document. I will post the question to the PPT
group. Thanks.