Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob

Default brace symbol question

If I wish the encompass 2 or 3 items with a brace, how is that done in Word
2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Type an opening brace { before the first item and a closing brace } after
the last one? Or are we talking about field delimiters?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"billybob" wrote in message
If I wish the encompass 2 or 3 items with a brace, how is that done in
Word
2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

I think he's talking about having two or three lines of text stacked
vertically, with a brace on one side (or both sides).

The best tool for that is the Equation Editor (Insert Object Microsoft
Equation 3.0). If this isn't in the object list, you can install it by
rerunning the Office setup program, choosing a custom setup, and enabling
Equation Editor under Office Tools.

When the Equation Editor is open, the braces are in the palette in the lower
left corner of the Editor toolbar. Among other things, there are buttons for
both braces, left only, and right only. When you click that, the brace will
be inserted with a single slot for typing something. While the cursor is in
that slot, open the matrix palette in the lower right of the toolbar and
choose the appropriate set of vertically stacked slots. Finally, the style
in the slots defaults to Math (italic type), and you may want to go to the
Style menu and select Text (ordinary type). When you've typed all the items,
click outside the Editor box to return to regular document editing.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"billybob" wrote in message
If I wish the encompass 2 or 3 items with a brace, how is that done
in Word
2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gerry Atrick

Might he be referring to the braces that come in the Autoshapes feature? (I
am talking about Word 97 - maybe its all changed now. If so, forgive my
interference :O)))

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob

Bingo, Mr. Freedman! That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you all
very much for your responses. Charles and Jay, I've read many of your papers
on various subjects and I must say that I have learned so much from you guys
over the years. You are so intelligent that it is my wish that you live
forever. Smile

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!

Bill,
Tampa, Florida USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob

Default Using the Equation Edittor Comment

That is so neat! It works so great, not only with math, but is great
incorporated in text documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't find a Comment feature in Equation Editor. Can you elaborate?

"billybob" wrote in message
That is so neat! It works so great, not only with math, but is great
incorporated in text documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Billybob changed the subject line from the thread's original topic,
"Brace symbol question", to say that he was commenting on the use of
the Equation Editor.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman