Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thomas

Default Word 2003, always goes to top of page

When I minimize Word 2003 and then bring it back, the page view always
goes to the top of the page on which I was working, not the point in the
page where I was working.

Is there a place in one of the 101,378 options settings where I can
change this?

Thanks.

Thomas
--

Three stages of truth for scientists:
(1) It's not true.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TedMi

I don't see this behavior. When restoring a minimized window, I get the very
same view as when I minimized it, and the cursor is in the same place.
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Thomas,

When I minimize Word 2003 and then bring it back, the page view always
goes to the top of the page on which I was working, not the point in the
page where I was working.

Is there a place in one of the 101,378 options settings where I can
change this?

I don't see this, either (but I don't minimize very often). However, I have
noticed odd behavior with scrolling and the focus in Word 2003 and have
attributed it to the "Smart cursoring" setting in Tools/OPtions/Edit:

Use smart cursoring Specifies that the insertion point moves as you
scroll up or down. When you press the LEFT ARROW, RIGHT ARROW, UP ARROW, or
DOWN ARROW keys, the insertion point responds at the page currently in
view, not at its position prior to scrolling.

You might try disabling this and see if it makes a difference.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org