Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kr kr is offline

Default Formulas in Tables

Can a countif function be used in a table in Word? I have a table that has
columns of checkboxes. At the bottom of each column is a cell I use for
totals. I would like the cell to be updated with a number for checkbox that
has been checked. I see the Count and If functions, but just don't know how
to use or construct the formula. Please help. Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi kr,

COUNTIF is an Excel function - it doesn't exist in Word. AFAIK, you can't use a Word field to test the state of a checkbox. If you
were to use dropdown boxes, with the user choosing a number from the drop-down list, you could test those values with a field.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"kr" wrote in message ...
Can a countif function be used in a table in Word? I have a table that has
columns of checkboxes. At the bottom of each column is a cell I use for
totals. I would like the cell to be updated with a number for checkbox that
has been checked. I see the Count and If functions, but just don't know how
to use or construct the formula. Please help. Thank you!

Tables and Formulas in Forms Bert0529 Tables 1 October 13th 06 09:16 PM
How do I SUM/ADD Formulas and Form Texts in Word Tables? Stacey Tables 1 May 20th 06 02:00 AM
FORMULAS IN TABLES STOBBSNET1 New Users 6 February 27th 06 09:30 PM
Tables/Formulas smithy23 Tables 1 August 22nd 05 06:03 PM
Formulas in Word Tables Dave New Users 5 April 2nd 05 08:53 PM