Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HDias HDias is offline

Default Boarders on Tables - 2002 w/ sp3

first off I love tables and use them for everything (to keep information
organized).

The problem I am having deals with tables that do not have the boarder
feature turned on (meaning I have the gridlines turned on so I can navigate,
but the border lines are turned off...when I print they do not appear). This
is great.

However, when I copy a table with the border turned off it automatically
turns the border on. It is driving me nuts, as I have to do a lot of re-work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happens? It only happens when I
copy the table to a new or existing document. If I copy from within the
document (i.e. one page to the next...no problem)

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Same way you define any other style.

"HDias" wrote in message
How would I do that?

"HDias" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In a given document, go to Table | Table AutoFormat, choose Table Normal,
and click Default... You'll get a dialog asking if you want that to be the
default for the document only or the template the document is based on
(Normal.dot if this is a new Blank Document). Your choice.

"HDias" wrote in message
How would I do that?

"HDias" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HDias HDias is offline

Suzanne, thank you very much....very helpful and I appreciate it! (-:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In a given document, go to Table | Table AutoFormat, choose Table Normal,
and click Default... You'll get a dialog asking if you want that to be the
default for the document only or the template the document is based on
(Normal.dot if this is a new Blank Document). Your choice.

"HDias" wrote in message
How would I do that?

"HDias" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Also, FWIW, you can quickly remove borders from a table by pressing
Ctrl+Alt+U. This shortcut is assigned to Update AutoFormat, so you would
expect it to apply the default Table AutoFormat, but it doesn't; instead, it
applies the Table Normal style.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In a given document, go to Table | Table AutoFormat, choose Table

Normal,
and click Default... You'll get a dialog asking if you want that to be

the
default for the document only or the template the document is based on
(Normal.dot if this is a new Blank Document). Your choice.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"HDias" wrote in message
How would I do that?