Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SusanH SusanH is offline

Default Change straight quotes to curly quotes

I've seen a discussion on how to change curly quotes to straight quotes, but
not the other way around. Does someone know the code to "smart quotes" or
"curly quotes"?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Two ways:

1. Format | AutoFormat: Make sure the "smart quotes" box is checked and run
AutoFormat.

2. Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog. Type " into both the "Find what" and
"Replace with" boxes. When Word does the replacement, the AutoFormat will
fire.

http://word.mvps.org

"SusanH" wrote in message
I've seen a discussion on how to change curly quotes to straight quotes,
but
not the other way around. Does someone know the code to "smart quotes" or
"curly quotes"?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SusanH SusanH is offline

That may work, but I gave up so I just did a search and replace for the
single and double quote, in the font I'm using, and changed it to Times
Roman, which made it a curly quote.

Thanks for answering me.

"SusanH" wrote in message
I've seen a discussion on how to change curly quotes to straight quotes,
but
not the other way around. Does someone know the code to "smart quotes" or
"curly quotes"?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Was the font you were using one that doesn't include the curly quote
characters?

On Apr 17, 7:17*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
So you did #2.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org