Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
quick study[_2_] quick study[_2_] is offline

Default word document to save as a doc.

hello - I created a document in mic office word 2007 and could not up load to
employers web site - received answers from 2 people to save as a 2003 ... Se
below, that worked and allowed the upload, the site also allowed you to
preview the upload but when I went to look at the document it was all
gibrish - what happened to the document ??? please help
thanks to everyone who is helping

I expect you saved it in the default 2007 format - .docx
Do a Save As and choose 97-2003 format (.doc) and try uploading that...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Seen this as well, hence my comment about only using facilities in the older
versions of Word.
I've noticed that some saves at 2003 for example load but present as blank
in some versions of Word as well, particularly if tables are involved.

Why Msoft have to keep tweaking things is anyone's guess.
Brian

Email:

"quick study" wrote in message
hello - I created a document in mic office word 2007 and could not up load
employers web site - received answers from 2 people to save as a 2003 ...
Se
below, that worked and allowed the upload, the site also allowed you to
preview the upload but when I went to look at the document it was all
gibrish - what happened to the document ??? please help
thanks to everyone who is helping

I expect you saved it in the default 2007 format - .docx
Do a Save As and choose 97-2003 format (.doc) and try uploading that...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Save it as RTF (Save As Other Formats). Open it in WordPad. Check the
layout. Upload that to the web site.