Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Abradaxis Abradaxis is offline

Default How Do I Install Macros In Word

I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from
Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly, some
of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros,
which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word from
Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get
this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Abradaxis,

Office 2000 supports macros (vba) by default, so there's nothing you need to install to enable that capability.

If you post back with the specific error message, someone might be able to tell you how to resolve the issue.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Abradaxis" wrote in message ...
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from
Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly, some
of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros,
which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word from
Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get
this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. with
particular emphasis on the normal template.

Abradaxis wrote:
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word
from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version),
Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written with
the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair
installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for
including macros. How can I get this feature installed before I
upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
DeanH DeanH is offline

Forgot to say, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/UsingWildcards.htm
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm
for further information on Wildcards.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Abradaxis" wrote:

I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from
Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly, some
of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros,
which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word from
Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get
this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry, wrong posting.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Abradaxis" wrote:

I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from
Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly, some
of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros,
which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word from
Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get
this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Abradaxis Abradaxis is offline

While opening some documents the following warning message appears:
"The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that
requires macro language suppport. When this software was installed, you (or
your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls." If
I hit okay twice the document opens, but when I try to close it the message
appears again, followed by the message that "Changes have been made that
affect the global template, Normal.dot. Do you want to save these changes?"
Afraid to say yes, I say no and the document closes. Thanks once again for
your help.

"Abradaxis" wrote in message
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from
Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly,
some of my documents say that the document was written with the need for
macros, which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of
Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How
can I get this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in
advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Abradaxis Abradaxis is offline

I couldn't find anything about my problem under your suggestion, but now I
see the reason. Thank you anyway.
"DeanH" wrote in message
Sorry, wrong posting.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Abradaxis" wrote:

I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from
Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly,
some
of my documents say that the document was written with the need for
macros,
which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word
from
Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I
get
this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Abradaxis Abradaxis is offline

Sorry, I looked over your two references, but could not find anything
related to my problem. I provided the specific error message to the first
responder, above. Is there anything more specific you might suggest? Thank
you.

Abradaxis wrote:
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word
from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version),
Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written with
the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair
installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for
including macros. How can I get this feature installed before I
upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Visual Basic for Applications should have been installed by default, but in
case it hasn't re-run Office setup again and check. If it is shown as
installed, uninstall it. OK out of the dialog, then re-install it again.
This should fix the registry entries. (You will probably need the original
Office installation CD)

You are presumably getting the error because you are trying to open a
document that contains macros?

If you copy the error message into Google you will find some other possible
causes.

Abradaxis wrote:
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word
from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version),
Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written
with the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I tried to do a
repair installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no
option for including macros. How can I get this feature installed
before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Abradaxis,

OK, so someone did a custom Office 2000 installation and chose not to install macro support. You can rectify that via Add/Remove
Programs in the Windows Control Panel - you may need the original installation CDs.

You also mentioned upgrading. If you're upgrading to a later version of Office (eg 2003/2007), you shouldn't need to add the macro
support to Office 2000 beforehand. Just do a custom installation with the upgrade and be sure to install all the options you'll need
at that time.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Abradaxis" wrote in message ...
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office
version), Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I
tried to do a repair installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get this
feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.word6-7macros
Abradaxis Abradaxis is offline

Thanks for the reply. I do not recall doing any new installations in the
recent past, but this new error message started to pop up uninvited. Anyway,
yes, I already have my upgrades to 2007, so it's not worth the effort to
reinstall. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do EVERYTHING that
is required. But it's easier to just upgrade and get it over with. Thanks
again for the information.