louisechapman louisechapman is offline
Junior Member

Default Macro's not working in word 2010

Hello, im new here and need some help please. I designed a request form in microsoft 2003-2007 that had headings and then a field next to it which i created and assigned a macro to to make the field mandatory so that anyone filling out the request form filled in all the relevant details before they could send it. My work then upgraded my pc to word 2010 and it wiped out all my macros. I have re-written my macros exactly the same and assigned them to all the relevant fields, I have gone on Trust centre and set it to accept macros and saved it as a word - macro enable document and protected it. When i open the document it does not run the macros unless i manually do it and i need it to run upon opening the document as its being sent to different offices and they dont know about macros. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou. The macro I use is:

Sub MustFillIn()
If ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result = "" Then
Do
sInFld = InputBox("This is a mandatory field and must be filled in, please fill in below.")
Loop While sInFld = ""
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result = sInFld
End If
End Sub