Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aravis Aravis is offline

Default Multilevel Style Frustrations with Template

***I posted this under the numbering usegroup, but I wasn't sure if
that was being followed by the MVPs, Word Gurus, et al.***

Hello,

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows 7 machine. I am trying to create a
multi-level list style for a procedural document. Instead of using
Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, I am using List Number 1, List Number
2, List Number 3 for each level. For example, it looks like this.

1. Hello
2. My name is
A. John Smith
B. Jane Smith
i.) We have two children
ii) Troy and Amanda

At any rate, I have created all of this inside of a template called
Procedure.dot that my co-worker and I will be using across the
network. When I save the template on my machine, I can go to the
template, create a new document from it and the multi-level style
appears and works wonderfully. When my co-worker accesses the same
template and creates a document from it, the multi-level style does
not appear. Even after I added the template through Template
Organizer Add-In or whatever that is called in Word 2007, it still
does not work on his machine. I then created dummy text and one
level of the outline in the template and saved it out to the network.
This dummy text appeared as well as my multi-level style; however,
when he had to create another outline later using the same style, it
did not appear in the multi-level selections.

Is this a security issue? Is this an issue with the templates? I
will even take a work around if this is a known issue.

Let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks so much!

TIA,
Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since you have associated each numbering level with a paragraph style, anyone who has created a document based on the template would simply apply the relevant style to text (the corresponding numbering level will be applied).

See also http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP