Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miao[_2_] Miao[_2_] is offline

Default How can I fix the graph in one page when new texts need to be inserted?

Hi,

From time to time I encounter a situation in which:

page 4
text text text.......
My name is Johnathan and I live
------
page 5
(The whole page is a graph or a table )
------
page 6
in Los Angeles, CA. text text text....
------

The problem is: when I need to insert new texts on p.4, then the last texts on page 4 will move to the beginning of p.5, the graph on p.5 will move, sometimes to p.6. Ideally, when inserting text on p.4, I am expecting the last texts "and I live" on p.4 to move automatically to p.6:

page 4
text text text.......
My name is Johnathan WILLIAM LEE
------
page 5
(The whole page is a graph or a table )
------
page 6
and I live in Los Angeles, CA. text text text....
------

I only know to attain the goal manually. Is it possible to let Word do it automatically?

Thanks,

Miao
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, you can't "reserve" a page for (say) a graph and have text flow
around that page. You'll need page layout software to accomplish something
similar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Miao" wrote in message
Hi,

From time to time I encounter a situation in which:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

The problem is: when I need to insert new texts on p.4,
then the last texts on page 4 will move to the beginning of p.5,
the graph on p.5 will move, sometimes to p.6.

if the picture always has to be placed on page 5, maybe you could save it as
AutoText entry, to use in the header an AutoText field nested in an IF
field.

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good idea, but it won't fix the underlying limitation which is that you
can't have a picture, a graph, or any other object by itself on a page in
Word...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote in message
Hi,

The problem is: when I need to insert new texts on p.4,
then the last texts on page 4 will move to the beginning of p.5,
the graph on p.5 will move, sometimes to p.6.

if the picture always has to be placed on page 5, maybe you could save it
as AutoText entry, to use in the header an AutoText field nested in an IF
field.

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi Stefan,

but it won't fix the underlying limitation which
is that you can't have a picture, a graph, or any
other object by itself on a page in Word...

I just suggested to use an IF and AutoText field in the header, when the
position of the picture depends on a special page number, e. g. page 5.
In that case the picture can fill the whole page 5, and the main text will
wrap from page 4 to page 6.

--
Cheers,
Lisa