nomahsbettah5 nomahsbettah5 is offline
Junior Member

Default Building a Template - Linking Text Form Fields

Hi there,
I'm aiming to build a template for a form that we commonly use at my company and I've done so successfully employing text form fields found in the developer ribbon on Word for Mac 2011.

Since there are some pieces of information (date, for example) that does not vary from field to field, it seems redundent that the user will have to go to each field and re-type the date. That also opens things up to typos/errors. What I'd really like is for the ability to link fields -- so that when I type in the date (or another repeat piece of information, like "partner organization") in the first field, it auto-populates in the fields I link to it.

I've Googled around and can't seem to find out how to do this -- is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming that MacWord 2011 supports what WinWord 2010 supports, you can make
use of so-called mapped content controls. Some built-in mapped controls are
available under Insert tab | Quick Parts | Document Property. If you insert,
say, two or more Publish Date fields, changing the date in one of those
fields will replicate in the other as well.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP