Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bojan0810@gmail.com is offline

Default table of contest

Hi all.

I have a question.

Is any way to make automatic table of contest template. I am working on a project and client needs automatic table of contest, but I don't have any text from him. He only said how it should look like. I am not sure if that is even possible to make. He wants a template with automatic table of contest..

I made cover page and pages that he wanted, but I cant able to figure it out if there is possible to make automatic table of contest.
He wants that when he import text to template that "table of contest" updates or something like that.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can insert a table of contents into a template, but of course the TOC
field won't display correctly in a document based on the template, until you
add headings and update the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
Hi all.

I have a question.

Is any way to make automatic table of contest template. I am working on a
project and client needs automatic table of contest, but I don't have any
text from him. He only said how it should look like. I am not sure if that
is even possible to make. He wants a template with automatic table of
contest.

I made cover page and pages that he wanted, but I cant able to figure it
out if there is possible to make automatic table of contest.
He wants that when he import text to template that "table of contest"
updates or something like that.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bojan0810@gmail.com is offline

Thx for answering even I removed my post before lol.

I manage to make table of contents, he sent me document with stuff that I needed. But now I have different problem. I was looking on google and couldnt find answer of what I needed, or I did and it didn't worked at my word.
I am using 2010 version btw. So, my problem is that text has paragraphs and when I update table of contents it update paragraphs too. I wanna to make only text in TOC. Everything I tried didn't worked. Funny thing is, I think for this is so easy solution, but I cannot find it lol.

Thanks again for answering before
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You will have to describe more in detail what happens. What, exactly, gets
updated along side the TOC?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
Thx for answering even I removed my post before lol.

I manage to make table of contents, he sent me document with stuff that I
needed. But now I have different problem. I was looking on google and
couldnt find answer of what I needed, or I did and it didn't worked at my
word.
I am using 2010 version btw. So, my problem is that text has paragraphs
and when I update table of contents it update paragraphs too. I wanna to
make only text in TOC. Everything I tried didn't worked. Funny thing is, I
think for this is so easy solution, but I cannot find it lol.

Thanks again for answering before

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bojan0810@gmail.com is offline

well. Document has paragraph titles. And when you update TOC, paragraphs are there too. Same thing if you have for example 1.Tittle, 1.1. Subtitle. And if you update TOC then you will have
1.tittle............#
1.1.Subtitle......#

But I wanna update TOC only with words, so it looks like this.
Tittle.......#
Subtitle...#

But I have paragraphs for tittles, but I used numbers for example.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By default, Word includes the text of entire heading paragraphs in the TOC.
If you want to limit what Word picks up, you will have to use a
workaround...

For example, you can have two paragraph styles, one for the text and one for
the number (or other content), and only include one of them with the TOC.
Alternatively, you can use TC fields (but it requires a lot of manual work).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
well. Document has paragraph titles. And when you update TOC, paragraphs
are there too. Same thing if you have for example 1.Tittle, 1.1. Subtitle.
And if you update TOC then you will have
1.tittle............#
1.1.Subtitle......#

But I wanna update TOC only with words, so it looks like this.
Tittle.......#
Subtitle...#

But I have paragraphs for tittles, but I used numbers for example.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bojan0810@gmail.com is offline

Oh god. I am such an idiot. I said paragraph few times already, but I have bullets. Paragraphs are ok.
I am sorry for this.

So yeah, TOC updates bullets too (not paragraphs), but I wanna words only without bullets on it. Titles has bullets and when I update TOC, bullets are there too. I need only words in TOC, without bullets.

Again, I know I am an idiot lol, IDK why I was saying paragraphs all time
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Bullets apply to whole paragraphs, so what you're saying now is far from
clear...

One additional thing you could try is this: Press Alt+F9 to reveal field
codes. If the TOC field includes the \u switch, delete it. Update the
TOC by pressing F9. Hide field codes again by pressing Alt+F9.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP