Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Problem with old vs. new Auto Signature Problem with old vs. new Auto Signature is offline

Default Auto Signature inserting old signature, not new one

Recently changed last names and job title and edited existing Auto Signature
for Word (which I use to create Outlook emails) and have two signatures set
up (External and Internal). The new signatures work fine as the default for
emails, but if I want to add one of the signatures to an email by using the
Tools/Auto Text function, it inserts the very old signatures which I thought
I changed. Can't find where the system is storing the old signature.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure that the new AutoText can trigger AutoComplete by giving it a
unique name, at least four characters long. See also
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Problem with old vs. new Auto Signature" wrote:

Recently changed last names and job title and edited existing Auto Signature
for Word (which I use to create Outlook emails) and have two signatures set
up (External and Internal). The new signatures work fine as the default for
emails, but if I want to add one of the signatures to an email by using the
Tools/Auto Text function, it inserts the very old signatures which I thought
I changed. Can't find where the system is storing the old signature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Corona in Miami Corona in Miami is offline

Thanks so much! I was able to find the old Auto Text, delete it, and create
a new one using the Alt/F3 function. Very cool! Thanks again.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure that the new AutoText can trigger AutoComplete by giving it a
unique name, at least four characters long. See also
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Problem with old vs. new Auto Signature" wrote:

Recently changed last names and job title and edited existing Auto Signature
for Word (which I use to create Outlook emails) and have two signatures set
up (External and Internal). The new signatures work fine as the default for
emails, but if I want to add one of the signatures to an email by using the
Tools/Auto Text function, it inserts the very old signatures which I thought
I changed. Can't find where the system is storing the old signature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted!

--