Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Default New page below current page???

Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me to
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: New page below current page???

Hi Mark,

Yes, there is a way to insert a new page below the current page in Word 2007. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor at the end of the last line of text on the current page.
  2. Press the "Ctrl" and "Enter" keys on your keyboard at the same time. This will insert a new page below the current page.
  3. You can now add your textboxes and images to the new page.

Best regards,
[Your Name]
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Each text box is anchored to a paragraph. What happens when you insert the
page break is that you are moving the anchor paragraph to the next page, and
the text box follows. That's why it seems as if you are adding the new page
before the existing one.

Before pressing Ctrl+Enter, make sure to place the insertion point at the
end of the page, or at least in a paragraph that doesn't have a text box
anchored to it.

To see anchors in the document, you can display nonprinting marks (use
Ctrl+Shift+8 to show/hide the marks). Note that the anchors are visible only
when you select an anchored object.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me to
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And if there is only a single (empty) paragraph on the page, you may have to
insert a new paragraph and then drag the anchors from the (now) second
paragraph back to the new first one, then insert a page break between the
two paragraphs. If you are constructing an entire page with text boxes and
images, then you are working against the way Word was designed to work (it
is primarily a text flow application) and would probably be more comfortable
in a page layout application such as Publisher.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Thanks for your help Stefan, I don't understand all of this and shouldn't
have to. It should be a simple menu choice to insert the page above or
below the current. I'll just move the objects manually and pray that I
never have to use Word again. This program has really degradated.

You deserve a lot of credit for being patient this program.

God Bless,

Mark

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And if there is only a single (empty) paragraph on the page, you may have
to insert a new paragraph and then drag the anchors from the (now) second
paragraph back to the new first one, then insert a page break between the
two paragraphs. If you are constructing an entire page with text boxes and
images, then you are working against the way Word was designed to work (it
is primarily a text flow application) and would probably be more
comfortable in a page layout application such as Publisher.

Suzanne,

I haven't had problems with previous versions of Word. What I'm doing was
simple in the past. A few months ago I wanted to make a slide show for a
client and thought I'd use Powerpoint. It was difficult to use, and after I
got the slideshow completed, it wouldn't autorun, so I redid it in Access
and ended up with a superior program. I should use Access for my word
processing needs and think I will.

Thanks for you response and God Bless,

Mark

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a
new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted
above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Inserting a page" is never uncomplicated, unless you are dealing with a
page layout application. :-) But note that Word's behavior in this respect
is no different from previous versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a
new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted
above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
"Inserting a page" is never uncomplicated, unless you are dealing with a
page layout application. :-) But note that Word's behavior in this respect
is no different from previous versions.

I thought that sometime in the past I was able to insert a page below.
Regardless, this program has gone downhill.

Thank you Stefan and God Bless,

Mark

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a
new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted
above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mark A. Sam Mark A. Sam is offline

Default Resolved

I am posting this for anyone else who has this problem. Maybe this is what
Stefan and Suzanne were trying to explain but I didn't understand.

If you have textboxes on the page, click somewhere outside of any of the
textboxes. That will put the cursor onto the page itself. If you type
anything at all, even a space, then insert the page break, the new page will
be inserted and the textboxes will remain where they are.

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me to
be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, what you need to do is get out of the paragraph containing the text box
anchor; then you can add the page break.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark A. Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

In Word2007 I have a page with textboxes and images and want to add a new
page below it. If I add a page break or blank page, it is inserted above
the current page. Is there a way to insert it below (which seems to me
to be rational)?

Thank you for your help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

ronymaxwell ronymaxwell is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for this easier explanation. I found this post on a search having had the same problem. It's this kind of care and clarity that makes Wordbanter my number one choice, a far better resource than Word Help.