Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wilchong via OfficeKB.com wilchong via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Template with 3 sections

Dear sir,

I want to make a template for my regular report writing. I wish I can divided
a A4 page into three sections.

The first two sections are two one-forth pages which located on upper part of
the page. The third section will occupy the rest of the bottom part of the
page.

My question is that how to make the two one-forth pages independently,
meaning the text in the first section won't flow to second section when the
first section is full. My second question is that how to fix size of each
section in the A4 size page.

Many thanks,
Wilchong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wilchong via OfficeKB.com wilchong via OfficeKB.com is offline

I see, but how can I fix the size of the table?

Thanks,
Wilchong

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Sounds like you need a table with Exact row heights.

Dear sir,

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Many thanks,
Wilchong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In the Table Properties dialog, you can fix the row heights and the column
widths.

It sounds like you need to start with a two row, two column table and select
the two cells in the second row and use the Merge Cells facility to merge
those to cells into one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Sounds like you need a table with Exact row heights.

Dear sir,

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Many thanks,
Wilchong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Maybe. Perhaps I read it wrong, but I got the impression there would be
three rows, two in the top half and one in the bottom.

http://word.mvps.org

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Sounds like you need a table with Exact row heights.

Dear sir,

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Many thanks,
Wilchong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wilchong via OfficeKB.com wilchong via OfficeKB.com is offline

I see. Just forget my old question. May be let me start my question from a
simple one.

Right now, I want to divide a A4 page into two columns. So, I just click
€śformat€ť from tool bar and choose two columns. In this two columns page,
there are NOT independent. What I mean is that the text will continue to
second column of the same page. OK, right now, I want these two columns are
independent, text cannot continue to second column. Another word, I want to
fix the size of these two columns.

I wish my explanation now is more unambiguous.

Many thanks,
Wilchong

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Maybe. Perhaps I read it wrong, but I got the impression there would be
three rows, two in the top half and one in the bottom.

In the Table Properties dialog, you can fix the row heights and the column
widths.

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
Many thanks,
Wilchong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

The format of "columns" is incorrect for what you want to achieve. These
columns are working correctly, as in "newspaper" columns.
What you need, as discussed by Ms Barnhill and Mr Robbins, is a Table; text
will not jump from one cell to another. With the required number of columns
and rows, with the rows sized to an "exact" size so they wont enlarge as more
text is entered.
Be aware that you can still have as much text in a cell as you like, it just
wont be viewed/printed if it continues beyond the set-size of the cell.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH