Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jl jl is offline

Default problems with columns in a Word document

Hi,

I am trying to do an ad in a Word doc in Office 2007. I first want to put 2
pictures that are in My Pictures side by side. I am unable to say how but I
succeded! Even with 2 columns in Page Layout it didn't want. But it is ok

Now I want to add a text, but I don't want anymore 2 columns, and I can't,
my text appears in columns, even though I set "one column" in Page layout.

Anyone could help me, please?

I thank you very much
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a Continuous section break and then reselect one column (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm). But note that easier
ways to put two pictures side by side a

1. Just insert them both In Line With Text in the same paragraph, separated
by some spaces, if desired (or the one on the right can be aligned right
with a right-aligned tab at the right margin).

2. Put them in the cells of a one-row, two-column borderless table.

Neither of these requires you to change the number of columns.

http://word.mvps.org