Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David C. Holley David C. Holley is offline

Default Problems Formating Non-bulletied lines below a below

I frequently need to have a bullet with text underneath it as in...
[*] Identify the four stages of Development
Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

Basically adding comments or text underneath a bullet.

But for whatever *FRIGGING* reason Word 2007 will not let me format the text
the way I want it. Specficially, instead of having single spacing, Word
forces double spacing between the bulleted line and the non-bulleted line. I
have tried to set the line spacing along with playing with the DO NOT ADD
SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE option. But I *cannot* get Word
to do anything other than double space betwen the bullet and non-bullet. As
in...
[*] Identify the four stages of Development

Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Have you tried using a line break (Shift+Enter) instead of a paragraph
break?

http://word.mvps.org

"David C. Holley" David.C.Holley wrote in message
I frequently need to have a bullet with text underneath it as in...

[*] Identify the four stages of Development
Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

Basically adding comments or text underneath a bullet.

But for whatever *FRIGGING* reason Word 2007 will not let me format the
text the way I want it. Specficially, instead of having single spacing,
Word forces double spacing between the bulleted line and the non-bulleted
line. I have tried to set the line spacing along with playing with the DO
NOT ADD SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE option. But I *cannot*
get Word to do anything other than double space betwen the bullet and
non-bullet. As in...

[*] Identify the four stages of Development

Add multiple lines of text here directly underneath the bulleted text

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David C. Holley David C. Holley is offline

I ended using the 'Remove space before/after paragraph' to get it to work.
My only experience is hitting [ENTER].