Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?

How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you talking about the screen shot program? If so, it's not part of Word,
it's a separate application. http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Snag-It is a stand-alone application which is not included with Word. For
more, see http://www.techsmith.com/.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

As of Windows Vista, Windows has its own screenshot tool called 'Snipping
Tool'. It is normally listed under 'Accesories' in your 'Start' menu.

It is not nearly as nice as SnagIt, but it is free.

Yves

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thank you for this information. Still using Windows XP, I had no idea. I
guess I'll get an opportunity to check it out eventually, whenever I decide
to get a new computer with Windows 7. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I did the 30-day free trial of Snag-It, but it intermittently failed
at the one task I needed it to do -- copy a whole large page that
involved scrolling. Sometimes it worked exactly as it was supposed to,
but sometimes it didn't.

"Snipping tool" suddenly appeared on my Windows 7 desktop, and I had
no idea what it was or how it got there. Can it do the capture-a-
scrolling-page thing?

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No, Snipping tool doesn't scroll. It's nice but not quite as nice as SnagIt.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to get a whole scrolling page, use the Snagit printer.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I said, it worked intermittently. I needed about 10 pages of a very
large 19th-century book that was in "limited view" at google books --
all the pages happened to be in the available selection, but SnagIt
worked on only about half of them. For the others, I got only the part
of the page that initially showed on my screen.

On Jan 21, 8:42*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
If you want to get a whole scrolling page, use the Snagit printer.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The only time I tried to use scrolling in SnagIt, I had to conclude that
there must be something I was missing about the way it was supposed to work.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
If you want to get a whole scrolling page, use the Snagit printer.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in

"Bonnie" wrote in message
How/where do I find "snag it" in Word?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've used it several times. Sometimes it does work as expected inside a
web-based application but on websites, etc, no problems.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]