occidental tourist occidental tourist is offline
Junior Member

Default where is the 'show P' command gone

This is why I prefer Microsoft 5.1 to Microsoft 2011 on a Mac that I'm now running.

It used to be easy to use. I cannot find the command that shows the non-printing characters.

One of the most important commands I use. They moved it from drop down menus to floating menus. I have no idea how to alter those menus or find the command.

Give me back 5.1, I guess that ain't gonna happen, so can anyone tell me where to look.
thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If Word 2011 uses the ribbon, as the recent Windows versions do, you
should see the ¶ button on the Home tab. In Windows, the default
shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+8, if that helps at all.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

occidental tourist occidental tourist is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
If Word 2011 uses the ribbon, as the recent Windows versions do, you
should see the ¶ button on the Home tab. In Windows, the default
shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+8, if that helps at all.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[/i][/color]
Stefan,

little late getting back to this. wish all my threads were automatically set to email notification, but i forgot to pick it.

show p is not on my home ribbon and doesn't appear to be something i can add when i go to ribbon preferences. i can go to the preferences tab under the word menu and choose to show paragraph marks from a list of stuff but there used to be a simple toggle that had the paragraph symbol but i am pretty sure it showed tabs and spaces too and it and it was simple to find and use. i don't know what possessed them to hide or eliminate it.

meanwhile, can't find any command alternative althought the control key on my laptop is broken and on the mac that duplicates the right click but i have no usb ports open to plug in a mouse so i can right click, so i can't try your key combination although if anyone can confirm it for the mac i'll think about how i could get a usb port for the purpose.

thanks,

brian