Hoeg

Default File saved in wingding2 font.

When I attempt to change this file back to a "readable" font, all I get is a
series of blocks not matter what font I try. Any ideas on how to "recover"
this document?

Thanks!
CyberTaz

Hi Hoeg-

This is not the definitive answer, but it is entirely possible that the
Wingdings 2 characters in the document simply do not have equivalents in most
(if any) other fonts. If the doc no longer has Undo available, you may not be
able to restore the text to a readable state.

Continue to check back, as someone may have some options to offer.

Good Luck |:)

"Hoeg" wrote:

When I attempt to change this file back to a "readable" font, all I get is a
series of blocks not matter what font I try. Any ideas on how to "recover"
this document?

Thanks!

Wingdings and other symbol fonts use ASCII codes rather than Unicode (well,
that's an oversimplification--actually, they all use the same Unicode range,
and the glyph numbers don't map to any alphanumeric Unicode characters). I
believe the standard answer is to paste the text into Notepad (?), change
the font, then paste back into Word.

"Hoeg" wrote:

When I attempt to change this file back to a "readable" font, all I get

is a
series of blocks not matter what font I try. Any ideas on how to

"recover"
this document?

Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation. As many times as I've read this solution, I've
never had to try it myself, so I was not at all sure that I was remembering
it right.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Wingdings and other symbol fonts use ASCII codes rather than Unicode

(well,
that's an oversimplification--actually, they all use the same Unicode

range,
and the glyph numbers don't map to any alphanumeric Unicode characters).

believe the standard answer is to paste the text into Notepad (?),

change
the font, then paste back into Word.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.