thegaffer_57

Default How do I add my hand written signature to an e-document?

I need to sign a job application that i filled out online. how do i add my
signature to the document? I need to know this today due to a deadline for
accepting these applications. Thank you very much.
IainC25

Sign a peice of paper and scan it in. In word, Goto Insert...Pictures...from
file... then goto file path and it should insert automatically.

Iain.

"thegaffer_57" wrote:

I need to sign a job application that i filled out online. how do i add my
signature to the document? I need to know this today due to a deadline for
accepting these applications. Thank you very much.

thegaffer_57

Iain,
Thank you very much for your prompt answer. However, i think the document
will not allow inserting a picture. when i got to the Insert Picture,
everything is greyed out. i'm just going to print the document and sign it,
then scan it back in and see if that works.
John

"IainC25" wrote:

Sign a peice of paper and scan it in. In word, Goto Insert...Pictures...from
file... then goto file path and it should insert automatically.

Iain.

CyberTaz

Depending on version of Word, you can also use InsertPictureFrom Scanner or
Camera and scan directly into the document. If you don't have a scanner, you
can use a digital camera (especially if it has a Macro mode) to photograph a
copy of your John Hancock and use that in the same way.

Just a word of caution, however, about broadcasting your signature on the
internet or via email. Once someone has it they can do with it what they wish
and you can do _nothing_ to prevent it.

Regards |:)

"thegaffer_57" wrote:

I need to sign a job application that i filled out online. how do i add my
signature to the document? I need to know this today due to a deadline for
accepting these applications. Thank you very much.

thegaffer_57

Thanks for your help guys.
I finally figured out exactly how to make this work properly.
1) unprotect the document (this is important grin)
2)scan the signature
3)process the picture in some editor so it's size matches the line it needs
to be on
4)instert the picture in the document.

Hope this helps others