Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveThePainter

Default I'm trying to change text in a businesscard template?

I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how to put
my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version on Avery
Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to make different
versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to change the text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

You just change the text in your Word document the same way you would change
any other Word document. Now do it 9 more times.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"SteveThePainter" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how to put
my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version on Avery
Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to make different
versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to change the text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Galen

In ,
SteveThePainter had this to say:

I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how
to put my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version
on Avery Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to
make different versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to
change the text.

In addition - I've been using their free software application. I don't have
the URL to see all the information but this is the download URL from my
download manager's history:

http://www.avery.com/us/downloads/so..._2_Limited.exe

I downloaded it about two weeks ago and I've used it a few times. It seems
like it does everything that you can do online and then some - so you could
edit your saved project (if it's saved) and work on it from there or you can
make a new one pretty easily with it.

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of
existence." - Sherlock Holmes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Copy the upper-left entry from your successful Avery template file. Save that
template file. Now open another Word document based on the Avery 8376
template. Paste the copied entry into the upper-left corner of your new template
file. Modify its contents (move logo, change fonts, modify text, whatever).
Once you're satisfied with its appearance, copy it, and paste it into the other
nine 8376 template elements. Now you have a full sheet ready to print. Save this
template under another file name. Print until you heart's content.

Good luck.

"SteveThePainter" wrote in message
I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how to put
my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version on Avery
Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to make different
versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to change the text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveThePainter

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

You just change the text in your Word document the same way you would change
any other Word document. Now do it 9 more times.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"SteveThePainter" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how to put
my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version on Avery
Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to make different
versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to change the text.

Joann,

Thanks unfortunately it isn't working. Another person sent me a link to
Avery which may be an easier template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveThePainter

"Uncle Joe" wrote:

[...]

Uncle Joe,

Thanks unfortunately it's still not working. Another person sent me a link
to an Avery template that may be easier.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use EditReplace.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"SteveThePainter" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

You just change the text in your Word document the same way you would
change
any other Word document. Now do it 9 more times.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"SteveThePainter" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how to
put
my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version on Avery
Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to make
different
versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to change the text.

Joann,

Thanks unfortunately it isn't working. Another person sent me a link to
Avery which may be an easier template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I use Publisher to do business cards now. Personal preference.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"SteveThePainter" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

You just change the text in your Word document the same way you would
change
any other Word document. Now do it 9 more times.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"SteveThePainter" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out how to
put
my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a version on Avery
Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change the text to make
different
versions. I'm stuck trying to figure out how to change the text.

Joann,

Thanks unfortunately it isn't working. Another person sent me a link to
Avery which may be an easier template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Uncle Joe" wrote:

Copy the upper-left entry from your successful Avery template file.
Save that template file. Now open another Word document based on the
Avery 8376
template. Paste the copied entry into the upper-left corner of your
new template file. Modify its contents (move logo, change fonts,
modify text, whatever). Once you're satisfied with its appearance,
copy it, and paste it into the other nine 8376 template elements.
Now you have a full sheet ready to print. Save this template under
another file name. Print until you heart's content.

Good luck.

"SteveThePainter" wrote
in message ...
I downloaded a template for 10/page business cards. Figured out
how to put my logo and info on it. I have succesfully printed a
version on Avery Template (8376) paper. Now I'de like to change
the text to make different versions. I'm stuck trying to figure
out how to change the text.

Uncle Joe,

Thanks unfortunately it's still not working. Another person sent me
a link to an Avery template that may be easier.

As a follow up, did you find it easier? I ask because I want to know at a
personal level. If it's easier to do in Word then I'd be silly to not do so.
The app was pretty simple and fun to play with actually, a bit bloated I
guess but it had a lot to do, and really did the trick for me.

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of
existence." - Sherlock Holmes

Change Tracking Tracks Changes to New Text - It's Crazy! RichardP Microsoft Word Help 1 August 3rd 05 06:52 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM
Can I change the vertical alignment of text in a text box? Fien Page Layout 2 November 25th 04 03:47 PM
If I add text to a business card template how do I get the change. Jack H Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 06:52 PM