Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polyglot

Default Make multilingual spell-checks easy in Word - Fr, Ge, It etc.

All over Europe, people use MSWord to produce documents. Many use several
languages and need to check spelling in all of them and value suggestions on
the use of grammar, especially in languages other then their mother tongue.
It would be very valuable to be able to download the dictionary and grammar
files for the major European languages: German, Italian, French, Netherlands,
Spanish and Portuguese in particular.
There seems to be some facility for this but your wenb site is so obscure
that I have not been able to find it in all the verbiage. Better signposting
between summaried information would help - with branches for the detail as
required.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Proofing Tools are what you need. Your copy of Word comes with some already
built in - the exact ones depending on your language version of Word. See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...ofingtools.msp
x for more details.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Polyglot" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=0b12482e-bd
a1-4679-8aee-3f390c5bf0d4&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polyglot

Thank you. But the link does not work. Page unavailable. I cannot find
anywhere I can download the proofing tools I need - and the dictionaries
would provide most of what I need. No prices, no source and the support
wallahs in Bangalore say "You must buy it in a shop", which I have tried to
do (for successive editions of Word) for a decade. No one stocks it - most
have not heard of it. But once I had German and French and Italian *.DCT
files loaded and, when I had the text marked to a language, the proofing
software used the right dictionary and saved me many errors. These files were
lost when my boat was sunk and one of my laptops went down with it. So if
you're in the business - and your addresss suggests that - please advise me
further.

"Polyglot" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tony's URL did not wrap properly. Try one of these:

Office XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...prooftools.asp
Office 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fingtools.mspx

"Polyglot" wrote in message
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then