Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
patti

Default Page number position

I have a long document with various margins and several sections. I am
trying to achieve the following:
1. No page number or heading on even pages where there is NO TEXT.

2. Page numbers in the first 5 sections to be cantered but in the last
sections to be on the outside edge, again with no header or page numbers on
blank even pages.

The help files say the page break formatting is for the PRECEDING section,
but it seems to set up the following section. I really could use some
clearer heads.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Ridgeway

The key to your query is that you need to insert section breaks at the
boundary of each page and format the various sections. This will allow you
to change such things as picture and landscape format, justification,
margins and the layout of headers and footers - all the things that you may
want to do normally.

I'm not sure how your requirement at point 1 can be accommodated
automatically.

Certainly your main requirement at point 2 is a matter of formatting the
various sections but page numbering is a bit of a pig.

I hope that helps!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions