Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BillyBoy

Default 1st page says page 3

I have an 8 page document but the first page says "page 3". So if I want to
print only the second page I have to put in the print range "page 4". How do
I get the first page to be page 1?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

BillyBoy,
Assuming you have one section in your document and also assuming that the
page numbers are in the header/footer of your document. Go to the header and
footer, on the header and footer toolbar click the formatting pagenumber
button, check if next to start with there is a one and not a three.
Luc
"BillyBoy" schreef in bericht
I have an 8 page document but the first page says "page 3". So if I want to
print only the second page I have to put in the print range "page 4". How
do
I get the first page to be page 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BillyBoy

I don't have page numbering, and I don't a use header or footer. This is
just a simple church bulleting, but when I open the document, the lower left
hand corner says "page 3."

"Luc" wrote:

BillyBoy,
Assuming you have one section in your document and also assuming that the
page numbers are in the header/footer of your document. Go to the header and
footer, on the header and footer toolbar click the formatting pagenumber
button, check if next to start with there is a one and not a three.
Luc
"BillyBoy" schreef in bericht
I have an 8 page document but the first page says "page 3". So if I want to
print only the second page I have to put in the print range "page 4". How
do
I get the first page to be page 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Despite your statements, this is what you need to do:

1. View | Header and Footer.

2. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Format Page Number.

3. In the ensuing dialog, check the box for "Continue from previous
section," and click OK.

If the document contains only one section, this should work.

page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 07:08 PM
Page numbers vgardner Microsoft Word Help 5 November 5th 05 04:10 AM
Page numbering and un-numbering Elbert Page Layout 2 July 8th 05 03:33 PM
Print individual page in book fold AnnetteClements Microsoft Word Help 2 July 5th 05 01:18 AM