Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ScottUpNorth

Default How do I style a toc so it is in plain text

DMy Word doc has headings styled in different sizes and weights. I need to
create the toc on 2 or 3 heading levels,but I do not want it to take on the
styles of the headings. I want it to be in a plain text, with a dotted leader
and page numbers on the right.

I cannot get the toc to generate in this manner no matter how hard I try.
there are too many options and not enough clear instructions.

Soes anyone know the correct settings in toc setup to achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By default the TOC styles are as you describe, all TNR 12 with no special
formatting. I suspect that your TOC entries are picking up font formatting
applied to the headings themselves, which means that the font formatting has
been applied as direct formatting and not defined as part of the style. Any
formatting that is defined in the style will not be replicated by the TOC
entries.