Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lilman

Default Finding Product ID on the CD

I am trying to find the Product ID number, not the Key number, within the
files on Microsoft Word. I understand how to find it once it's installed (ie
through the help function), but we have purchased several Microsoft Office
CD's and I need a quick way of finding the Product ID number.

Thank You For the assistance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Use Belarc Advisor.

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lilman" u21697@uwe wrote in message news:600251cebbfdb@uwe...
I am trying to find the Product ID number, not the Key number, within the
files on Microsoft Word. I understand how to find it once it's installed
(ie
through the help function), but we have purchased several Microsoft Office
CD's and I need a quick way of finding the Product ID number.

Thank You For the assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lilman via OfficeKB.com

Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on the CD(s)
prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that I need to find the
Product ID number on and the machine that I am checking the CD(s) on already
has Microsoft Office 2000 installed. How can I find the Product ID file on
the CD(s) utilizing Windows Explorer. Thanks Again

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Use Belarc Advisor.

I am trying to find the Product ID number, not the Key number, within the
files on Microsoft Word. I understand how to find it once it's installed

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

Thank You For the assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'm fairly certain that the product IDs are not on the disks. The reason I
say that is because I've had to replace disks and the old PID worked. They
are keyed into the type of product, which needs to match the product on the
disk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lilman via OfficeKB.com" u21697@uwe wrote in message
Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on the CD(s)
prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that I need to find
the
Product ID number on and the machine that I am checking the CD(s) on
already
has Microsoft Office 2000 installed. How can I find the Product ID file on
the CD(s) utilizing Windows Explorer. Thanks Again

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Use Belarc Advisor.

I am trying to find the Product ID number, not the Key number, within the
files on Microsoft Word. I understand how to find it once it's installed

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

Thank You For the assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lilman via OfficeKB.com

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that, once the software is installed,
unique Product ID's are given to the Microsoft Office programs. After
installation I can view unique ID numbers for each of the Microsoft Office
disks. This leads me to believe that somewhere on the disk could be the
Product ID. I have put Disk 1 into a machine, right clicked the CD drive,
opened with Explorer, then looked through a lot of the files and have found
nothing. There are a vast amount of files. naturally, on the disk but I have
turned up nothing. Thank you for the assistance.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the product IDs are not on the disks. The reason I
say that is because I've had to replace disks and the old PID worked. They
are keyed into the type of product, which needs to match the product on the
disk.

Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on the CD(s)
prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that I need to find

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Thank You For the assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

All the discs of the same Office version are the same. It's the installation
numbers that are different and this ties in with Microsoft's product
activation process. The installation numbers are not coded on the disc.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the product IDs are not on the disks. The
reason I say that is because I've had to replace disks and the old
PID worked. They are keyed into the type of product, which needs to
match the product on the disk.

Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on
the CD(s) prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that
I need to find

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Thank You For the assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Which is what I said earlier this week.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the product IDs are not on the disks. The
reason I say that is because I've had to replace disks and the old
PID worked. They are keyed into the type of product, which needs to
match the product on the disk.

Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on
the CD(s) prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that
I need to find
[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Thank You For the assistance

Free Trial-Need Product Key to download-Online info Site? Strikex411 New Users 1 March 2nd 06 03:32 PM
Product key question Sara Microsoft Word Help 4 January 23rd 06 01:43 PM
product key Boss18 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 06:31 AM
Update problem Roy Smith New Users 2 October 12th 05 10:47 PM
How do I reinstall a product without the product id? Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 05 04:34 AM