Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Default Form Fields & Graphics

In a table I have added various Text fields and Drop-Down boxes from
MS-Word's Forms toolbar. What I'm struggling with is that I need to add a
"graphics" field whereby a user can copy a PowerPoint diagram and paste it
into my MS-Word form. Is that possible, or is there a work-around? Please
keep in mind that I need to protect the document so that the Text fields and
Drop-Down boxes work correctly.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Your best bet would be to insert a section above and below the area
where you want the graphic inserted and then do not protect that area
so the user can insert as needed.

The only other alternative would be to write code or use a MACROBUTTON
that would temporarily unlock the document, open the common dialog box
that would allow the user to choose the needed graphic and then relock
the document. But unless you understand VBA, you'll have to go with
the first option and redesign your form if necessary to leave that
area open.

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:16:17 -0800, Bob
wrote:

In a table I have added various Text fields and Drop-Down boxes from
MS-Word's Forms toolbar. What I'm struggling with is that I need to add a
"graphics" field whereby a user can copy a PowerPoint diagram and paste it
into my MS-Word form. Is that possible, or is there a work-around? Please
keep in mind that I need to protect the document so that the Text fields and
Drop-Down boxes work correctly.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Dian,
Thanks for your help! I forgot that I could leave a given section
unprotected while protecting the rest of the form.
Bob

wrote:

In a table I have added various Text fields and Drop-Down boxes from
MS-Word's Forms toolbar. What I'm struggling with is that I need to add a
"graphics" field whereby a user can copy a PowerPoint diagram and paste it
into my MS-Word form. Is that possible, or is there a work-around? Please
keep in mind that I need to protect the document so that the Text fields and
Drop-Down boxes work correctly.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

No problem...good luck!

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax