Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ghost Stain Ghost Stain is offline

Default type kanji characters in Word 2007

OS: windows XP SP2
office 2007

May i know how to type Kanji characters in Word 2007, i only able to type
katakana characters.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is not a Word question, but a Windows question.

"To convert the syllable "ka" into kanji, press the Spacebar. ... If
the character you are seeking is not displayed, ... press the Spacebar
a second time" and scroll.

That is from a 19-page Microsoft document giving nearly a dozen
Japanese input methods plus Korean and Chinese. The url in the footer
is:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/h...r.mspx?pf=true

On Apr 20, 11:12*am, Ghost Stain
wrote:
OS: windows XP SP2
office 2007

May i know how to type Kanji characters in Word 2007, i only able to type
katakana characters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ghost Stain Ghost Stain is offline

Thanks for your help.
May i know how to set the input mode to Hirangana when open Word?

wrote:
OS: windows XP SP2
office 2007

May i know how to type Kanji characters in Word 2007, i only able to type
katakana characters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Again, it's a Windows and not a Word thing. Control Panel Regional
and Language Settings Languages Details Default input language.

Or, if you only want Word (and not all the other programs) to use
Japanese input, then when Word opens, go to the Language icon at the
bottom right -- if Japanese is installed, it will be there -- and
change it from EN to JP.

Or, if you're saying that your computer starts with Katakana and not
Hiragana, I don't know; none of the instructions give that as a
possibility. Maybe you have a Japanese program not provided by
Microsoft?