Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jsayles jsayles is offline

Default Page numbering starts with sec 1, but I want it to start in sec 2

I have a manuscript with four title pages. I created a section break for the
body of the manuscript, and I want page numbering to start with the body of
the manuscript in section 2. However, when I insert page numbers in section
2, page numbers appear beginning with title pages. The only clue I have is
that the "Footer - section 2 - " also says "Same as Previous".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unlink the footer of the second section; then you can have different
contents for first and second section footers. Insert the page numbers
directly into the footer and then restart the numbering, using the Page
Number Format dialog box. Detailed instructions can be found in the article
at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP