Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ralph B. Ralph B. is offline

Default Activation code incorrect

i type in the activation code that is on the bottom of my computer (hp
pavilion laptop) and it comes up as the code is incorrect please retype it,
any suggestions or solutions for this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

I think this is the Windows code - not Office. Was Office pre-installed as a
trial version? The code for office is on the dvd case that it comes in.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Ralph B." wrote:

i type in the activation code that is on the bottom of my computer (hp
pavilion laptop) and it comes up as the code is incorrect please retype it,
any suggestions or solutions for this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ralph B.[_2_] Ralph B.[_2_] is offline

on the sticker that is under my computer it says "product key" and it is 25
letters and numbers long

"Ralph B." wrote:

i type in the activation code that is on the bottom of my computer (hp
pavilion laptop) and it comes up as the code is incorrect please retype it,
any suggestions or solutions for this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

This is the operating system product key, eg Windows XP Home Edition or
Vista. It probably says so on the sticker too. I take it you are trying to
activate Microsoft Office. Is this a new laptop? You will often get a trial
version which you then need to buy to get the product code if you wish to
continue using it. Office 2007 is available at the moment for around £50 in
UK. Probably cheaper in US.
--
Rae Drysdale

Activation key pr8er New Users 2 November 28th 08 08:57 PM
How do I find my activation number, after activation? Sammy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 21st 07 12:21 AM
how do i change my activation code Qwerty2009 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 15th 06 01:48 AM
Activation Bob Buckland ?:-\) New Users 9 April 22nd 05 01:56 AM
About activation Teshia McMillan Microsoft Word Help 0 December 14th 04 01:07 PM