Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pete o Pete o is offline

Default spellchecker failsafe?

I am using spellchecker in Word 2003. I would like to make it automatic so
that no document is printed or used as an attachment without first using
spellchecker. (OK so I am a little forgetful). This option is available
under e-mail but I cannot find a similar command to apply spellchecker each
and every time upon finishing the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can use macros with special names to intercept Word's built-in
commands (see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...SavePrint.htm). Use
the information at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to put
these macros into your Normal.dot template or a global template:

Sub FilePrint()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
End Sub

Sub FilePrintDefault()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False
End Sub

Sub FileSave()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
ActiveDocument.Save
End Sub

Sub FileSaveAs()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
End Sub

You can't get a macro to run when you attach a document to an email
(at least, not in Word; maybe in Outlook), but running a check before
saving any document should be good enough.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman