Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beemer Biker Beemer Biker is offline

Default problem: custom content control border

I cannot seem to make a custom textbox border. I wish to have a "filled in
form" text box where the border is only an underline. My choices are either
None, Box, Shadow or 3-D. Custom seems to do nothing. Reference this
image: http://swri.info/images/bad_custom.png that shows the "shadow content
control" I selected for testing. After googleing I read where any box
haveing less then 4 sides (but more than 0) must be a paragraph. How do I
set up my text box to be a paragraph of one line with no space betweeen the
next paragraph? ie: 10 rich text content controls in a row with only the
underline showing?

What I am trying to do is simulated a ruled paper form that someone fills
out using a typewriter or by hand. Typing into the protected form puts the
text on top of the underline.

For example I want to be able to fill text into underlined part of the form
as in

First line he
Second line:

dont want the following

First line he one
Second line: two

done want underlined font either as I get this

First line he one
Second line: two

want exactly the following

First line he one
Second line: two

yes, i can set the border to "none" and possibly can use line art and draw a
line between the text input boxes on my "filed in form". The custom text
box is cleaner one would think.

thanks for looking!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Use a Table and underline the bottom border of the cells as required. If you
go the table route, use Text Form Fields where you want the users to enter
text and Protect the form.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Beemer Biker" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beemer Biker Beemer Biker is offline

yea - I went and used the "insert shape" to put in an underline. While this
was tedious, as soon as I did a few I used copy and paste to do the rest.