Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SomsakMRC SomsakMRC is offline

Default How can I make floating text describing mouse-overed word in Word

Dear ALL,

I am looking for the solution of making some important words in MS Word to
have self explanation, or short description, when the mouse is moved over the
particular word(s). I think these words need to be high lighted first to
attract viewers' eyes.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

You can do this by creating hyperlinks at these words and adding the
explanatory text to the tool tip of each link. In this way, the words would
be "highlighted" as are hyperlinks, and the explanatory text would appear
when the mouse is placed over the word. In order for the links not to be
broken, you can create a bookmark at each word and have the link point back
to the word itself, or you can have all the links point to a bookmark at the
beginning of a Glossary section, where you can list all of the explanations,
or to a note indicating that the explanatory text appears when the mouse is
placed over a word with a link.

If this solution seems suitable and you need more detailed instructions to
implement it, write back with your questions and indicate which version of
Word you are using.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz