Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dana Dana is offline

Default When I click on the blank page a previous document is opened.

I am using Office Home and Student 2007. When I click on the blank page
icon it opens up a previous document that has been saved. I have not be able
to open a blank page. I delete all of the text on the previous document and
then type my new document, but the old document always comes back.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 13 feb, 19:22, Dana wrote:
I am using Office *Home and Student 2007. *When I click on the blank page
icon it opens up a previous document that has been saved. *I have not be able
to open a blank page. *I delete all of the text on the previous document and
then type my new document, but the old document always comes back. *

Is it always the same document? If so, you probably saved the document
once as your default template normal.dotm (http://office.microsoft.com/
en-us/word/HA100307561033.aspx). Try removing the template as Word
creates a new empty one when it can't find it. Note that this might
remove some of your custom settings like your QAT.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm.